The road less traveled is likely the most exciting. We are all familiar with the usual romantic gestures and some of them can be cheesy and less meaningful when repeated with robotic-like repartition. There are some ways that you can show that special person you want to get closer to without it coming across as “oh this again”
Here is a couple of ideas, If your partner doing something, be in it with them.
For example, your wife is reading her daily mail and she mentions something from it.
Actions: go over to her and place your hand on her shoulder touching her softly and after responding with verbal communication, lower your hand to the middle of the shoulder blades more firmly than the shoulder touch. By fully engaging at the moment with her you have communicated to her that you hear her, see her, and acknowledge what she’s saying all in the span of 5 min.
Best Outcome: she should feel validated, heard, and seen. (we all wants this)
For example, it’s quiet in the room where you and your partner are
Actions: Break the silence with an unexpected compliment. Something like: “I feel so at peace with you”, “I loved the way you created….” “You are the most…….” “You are so strong & wise…….”, everyone appreciates an honest compliment, say something you’ve never said before. This will usually start a conversation on why you would say this, and your simple answer will be, “because isn’t true, I was thinking how my life is better with you in it.” Then go back to what you were doing. This can also be done by walking into a quiet room and announcing it then walking out.
Best Outcome: it lets them know how important they are to you, leaves them feeling valued, held in a sacred space
Both examples can be repeated periodically when needed to warm things up. Building intimacy doesn’t always have to involve heavy romance it can be a bit of postive communication, a long look, a 5 min meaningful encouraging talk, a favor, or a task. All of it builds within each other the words “I love you”, so much so that when it is uttered it has heavy meaning.
Can you think of any other ways to get close and build intimcy ?
- June 1: Say Something Nice Day.
- June 3: Chimborazo Day.
- June 6: National Yo-Yo Day.
- June 8: Upsy Daisy Day.
- June 21: Go Skateboarding Day.
- June 30: Asteroid Day.
- can be “make a cake day”
- “fix a car day”
- “my favorite things day”
Do something special or give a gift to yourself or others on those days, be sure to take pictures for memories and change it up every year.
Definition of abstinence
1: the practice of abstaining from something: the practice of not doing or having something that is wanted or enjoyable… ate with a haste and an apparent relish, that seemed to betoken long abstinence from food.— Walter Scott
- Be Honest, is this because you have no one to date and have sex with, or is this truly a journey into the unknown to find self, worth, peace, etc.? Have a plan/why. Stick to it, if someone can come along and make you forget your commitment to yourself, it wasn’t a commitment.
- Confide in one or two close friends and/or family that this is what’s planned for however long it is planned. Keeping them in the loop about the journey keeps all minds clear of confusion and keeps you from bouncing off the walls.
- Keep a journal and indulge in girls/guys night, pick up a business venture, a hobby, pray more, read, relax veg out in front of the TV, then get up and care for yourself – eyes, skin, hair, nails, etc…don’t neglect YOU, the house, dog, cat, or family and friends.
- If you don’t want to be used by someone who just wants to see if you’ll keep your word to yourself, you don’t need to tell everybody. People will test you. It will make you feel lousy to see they only wanted to break you. Ease into a relationship during abstaining… take your time, don’t jump into sexual intercourse right away. After a while, they will reveal the intentions.
- Pursue purpose. What is it you want(ed) to gain? GO GET THAT!
Look for our special abstinence collection from BasketsOLove
What we do at BasketsOLove:
*Adults only: We offer products and services that will revolutionize your love life.
Simply put we aid you on the perfect romantic occasion. We cater to people who may or may not prefer sexual aids/enhancements. We have a wide range of products and services to explore the hidden wild side or celebrate a lover by letting them know they’re your #1.
Generally, we help with: keeping the heat in romance, great lovemaking tips, dog house situations, couple celebrations, we help you to speak and educate sexual needs, we can also help you woo that special someone of your dreams.
We sell original collections created exclusively for BasketsOLove. We also sell pleasure aids, devices, educational materials to enhance your needs. All of our material has been hand-selected from some of the best brands in the industry giving you the ability to explore what it takes to get good love and satisfaction.
Our services include our branded “Date Night Party Workshops”, private spa services and packages (coming soon) private chef services (also coming soon), and our coveted romantic hunts.
XXX What we Don’t Do:
We do NOT indulge in inappropriate profane sexual pornographic material like live nude models, specific fetishes, sexually explicit magazines, or videos.
We do NOT discriminate based on color, personal religion, sexual preference, or personal identity.
We are NOT just another sex toy store, enhancing relationships and romances is our first priority.
Part of the proceeds is donated to the unfortunate victims of sex trafficking and battered women organizations.
*Minor children under the age of 18 strictly prohibited.